Saturday, 23 April 2011
Hearty Chicken Drumsticks Weekend Brunch
It's weekend and got off the bed late... It's too late for breakfast and too early for lunch - so let's do brunch instead! Super simple dish that I can place all the ingredients into a baking dish and start cooking in the oven till late noon. Incrediblely frequent and healthy ... just great as brunch. Try it!
Serve 2 person
5 chicken drumsticks
1 large onion - sliced and separated into rings
2 medium ripe tomatoes - Cut into small cubes
1 large (approx. 14 oz) can stewed tomatoes
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp dried oregano
1/2 tbsp dried basil
1/2 tbsp freshly grind black pepper
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
2 tbsp fresh chive for garnishing - minced
1) Place chicken into baking dish. Arrange onion rings over chicken.
2) Pour stewed tomatoes and fresh tomatoes on top.
3) Combine chicken stock, oregano, basil, black pepper ad garlic salt. Pour mixture over onions.
4) Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 200 degrees C for 2 hours or until tender.
5) Garnish with chives before serving.
>> Tips to note :
Can always skip the salt entirely if you are health conscious .
I baked it for 3 hours as I like it really really tender :)