My Sister and brother-in-law left home today. My husband and I felt the quietness when we came home. But the summer is over and they have to get ready for work soon. See you again soon - Farewell and I will miss you both!
This recipe is my sister-in-law's speciality. I just managed to snap some photos at the beginning but at the end I got too excited to eat them that I forgotten to take a photo of the whole cake before it was snapped up in seconds. I managed to take a photo of my piece though..
Secret of this recipe is fresh fruits and patience. It is a long process but it will worth the while. It can be a perfect birthday cake. It is so beautiful!
It also takes some thinking and skills . Some stationery is required to make this cake perfect. Scissors, plastic film and tape will do the job.
The above is the 2nd step after baking the cake.To ensure that the corners are sealed to prevent leaking.
Yes the following is my share that I managed to take a photo. So pretty!
So moist, so refreshing! Thanks sister in law! I love this cake and hope to replicate the same soon!
100 g flour
75 g sugar
5 large eggs - Separate yolks and whites
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
Method:Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius
1) Whisk yolks with sugar and vanilla till fluffy
2) Sieve flour and baking powder into the yolks. Mix well with baking spoon
3) Beat egg whites on high till fluffy
4) Fold in the whites into the yolk gradually in outward manner to maintain the air inside the whites
5) Bake in 8" round baking pan for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake for an hour and set aside.
Ice Cream Fruit Topping
1 cup ice vanilla flavoured ice cream - Leave it at room temperature for 5 minutes
1 cup thick cream
100 g Orange Jello - Mix well with 1 cup of boiling water in a small bowl100 g Peach Jello - Mix well with 1/2 cup of boiling water and 1/2 cup of cold water in a small bowl. Store in fridge
Handful of strawberries, blueberries and 1 sliced banana (or any other fruits of your choice)
A sheet of plastic film
1) In a large bowl, add in ice cream, cream and Orange Jello mixture. Mix well and place in the fridge
2) Meanwhile, wrap tightly around the cooled cake with plastic film and secure with tape
3) Pour some of the ice cream mixture from the fridge at the corners and freeze cake in the freezer for 5 - 10 minutes. Or until it turns solid.
4) Fill up remaining ice cream mixture and freeze in the freezer for 5 minutes
5) Assembly the fruits on top and freeze for another 10 minutes
6) Pour in the Peach Jello mixture. Place into the fridge for an hour or overnight
Enjoy!! I really love it! Do you?
I am linking this recipe to le chateau des fleurs by fenchy