Ever since I joined my current company, time is never on my side. I have been travelling extensively and left not much of quality time in my kitchen.
If you are following, my posts have been reduced significantly since June. Less time at my kitchen but more time experiencing life in foreign city. The above is latest visit to Shanghai, China. Such vibrant city with lot's of energy. I took the photo from my hotel room.. pretty yeah?
Okay back to my recipe. This again is a recipe provided by my baking pal, G. She has been craving for something sweet and easy with minimum ingredient... the lazy girl's recipe :)
We had fun cutting the dough with a glass. Very therapeutic indeed after a hectic day. Yeah.. that's G in action!
All ready to be shallow fry. We used peanut cooking oil and frying on medium high heat.
Makes 12 small munchies
Recipe can be doubled
2.5 cups flour
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 tbsp superfine sugar
1/2 tbsp active dry yeast
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup cooking oil
1) Add yeast and sugar into warm water and set aside for 30 minutes
2) In a large bowl add oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well with wooden spoon.
3) Add in the yeast mixture. Combine well with hand. Add flour or water if required to make it into a nice dough. Let it stand for 1 hour covered with a wet clean kitchen towel.
4) Roll dough with pin until it's about 1cm thick.
5) Cut dough with a small glass and leave it for another 10-15 minutes.
Shallow fry on medium high heat until both sides are golden brown. Dust with icing sugar when completely cool.
Great with a cuppa!