I am not sure about you but I am am one of those that can' t leave food untouched. If you are following, I bought a tub of Nutella almost 3 weeks ago for my recipe Super Duper 8 Nutella Lava Cookies and have been thinking how to finish the rest of the tub up!
This is really a simple coffee cake recipe that I have used the Nutella as icing then sprinkle with some crushed walnuts. A little creativity in baking gets you a long way!
Simply divine with minimal effort and time. My kind of recipe!
Remember to grease the baking pan with butter then dust with some flour to ensure the cake can be taken out easily from the banking pan.
Try making sure the mixture is smooth and pour them into the baking pan. I used a spring baking tin for the ease of removing the cake from the pan with minimum damage... I am a clumsy and inpatient person..
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp Nescafe instant coffee
1/2 cup milk
1 cup hot water
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup Nutella
Preheat oven 180 degree C
1) Grease the baking pan with some butter and lightly dust with flour. Set aside
2) In a large bowl mix flour, salt and sugar. Set aside
3) Combine Nescafe and water. Stir well.
4) Melt butter in a large pan then add Nescafe. Keep stirring for 2 minutes.
5) Combine milk, vanilla, baking soda and eggs. Mix well.
6) Add melted butter into the milk mixture. Combine well.
7) Add flour gradually by folding in. Mix well.
Pour mixture into baking pan and bake for 45 - 50 minutes covered with baking paper or foil.
Nutella Icing :
Spread Nutella evenly on top of the cooled cake then sprinkle with walnuts.
Great with a cuppa!