Thursday 11 August 2011

Easy Breezy Nutella Nescafe Cake


I am not sure about you but I am am one of those that can' t leave food untouched. If you are following, I bought a tub of Nutella almost 3 weeks ago for my recipe Super Duper 8 Nutella Lava Cookies and  have been thinking how to finish the rest of the tub up!


This is really a simple coffee cake recipe that I have used the Nutella as icing then sprinkle with some crushed walnuts. A little creativity in baking gets you a long way!


Simply divine with minimal effort and time. My kind of recipe!


Remember to grease the baking pan with butter then dust with some flour to ensure the cake can be taken out easily from the banking pan.


Try making sure the mixture is smooth and pour them into the baking pan. I used a spring baking tin for the ease of removing the cake from the pan with minimum damage... I am a clumsy and inpatient person..


Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp Nescafe instant coffee
1/2 cup milk
1 cup hot water
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup Nutella


Method:
Preheat oven 180 degree C
1) Grease the baking pan with some butter and lightly dust with flour. Set aside
2) In a large bowl mix flour, salt and sugar. Set aside
3) Combine Nescafe and water. Stir well.
4) Melt butter in a large pan then add Nescafe. Keep stirring for 2 minutes.
5) Combine milk, vanilla, baking soda and eggs. Mix well.
6) Add melted butter into the milk mixture. Combine well.
7) Add flour gradually by folding in. Mix well.

Pour mixture into baking pan and bake for 45 - 50 minutes covered with baking paper or foil. 

Nutella Icing :
Spread Nutella evenly on top of the cooled cake then sprinkle with walnuts.



Great with a cuppa!

32 comments:

  1. I am on fast today and you are posting something like this. You are cruel

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous and yummy cake. Love the topping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know why I never thought of Nutella as a frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! really look delicious!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy use of nutella delicious looking cake

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWWWWWW ..A cake as I like, Bravo looks great, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks delicious n yumm..lovely flavors in it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not seen you around for a while. Good to see your blog is still going well. Good-looking cake :)

    Duncan In Kuantan

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter once makes an Easter cake with nutella for icing and topped with smarties, that is easy and tasty. Love to have a piece of your cake, coffee and choc....yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this cake idea, simple yet delicious! Looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me at Nutella! I love that you used it as frosting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If i didn't love your blog before now then I surely love it now! who can resist a cake, let alone a chocolate cake, let alone one with nutella! AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  13. My kind of cake too! Simple and yummy! Good with a cuppa coffee or tea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome!!!!! I made a coffee hazelnut cake too this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nutella makes a great frosting - great idea!! Wish I had thought of it, lol! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My mouth is watering, that looks so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never thought about using nescafe instant coffee before, what a great idea, and especially with the nutella too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is an amazing dessert. I'd love a slice with my afternoon coffee. This looks delicious and would quickly disappear from my kitchen. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my word! How fabulous and delish does this look!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks pretty and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. yums! nutella AND coffee? that sounds like heaven!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, it looks so fabulous, simply great, wonderful recipe dear..

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wasn't going to follow this blog, because that looked TOOOO good and made me hungry...

    ah,

    FOLLOWED!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG..this is so mouthwatering !!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so going to make this!! I will be posting a link to it next Sunday when I do my weekly wrap-up of recipes to try and new blogs I have found!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your idea of using Nutella as an icing, very clever. This would be yummy with a hot cup of tea right about now I think;) Have a great weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. thank you for sharing this information. I have been looking for this information and appreciate your effort. useful link

    ReplyDelete