I guess I had enough fish for the past few days and it's time to move on .... Found some lovely soft black pepper cheese in my fridge so why not make something out of it but this time with CHICKEN instead :) Chicken breast fillets with creamy sauce made from the cheese... MMMmmmmmmMMmmmm.... Simply delicious!
To add some colors to the meal, I have cooked some wonderful capsicums / bell peppers in 3 colors! Don't you just love the colors! Try it out and share it with MOM... Happy Mother's Day!
This recipe serves 2 person
For the fish
4 chicken breast fillet - Slice through center horizontally
2 tbsp cooking oil
3 tsp corn flour
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
80g soft black pepper cheese - crumbled
Handful of fresh chives - coarsely chopped
2 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic - coarsely chopped
1 medium green capsicum
1 medium red capsicum
1 medium yellow capsicum
1) Place large skillet with cooking oil at medium high heat.
2) Cook chicken until browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
3) Mix corn flour and chicken stock in a bowl and pour into the same skillet. Keep stirring until mixture boils and thickens.
4) Add cheese until melts and stir in chives. Off the heat and leave sauce in the skillet.
5) Meanwhile, place another skillet with butter on medium high heat.
6) Add garlic and cook capsicums until tender.
7) Serve capsicums with chicken and sauce.
>> Tip to note :
- You may substitute the black pepper cheese with any other soft cheese such as garlic and herb cheese.